Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colds are the worst

Listen, guys.  Today is a pretty rough day for me because I was up all night with some upsetting news: I’m getting sick.  I know, it’s pretty terrible.  Don’t worry about me.  I’ll be fine.  No wait.  Do worry about me. Don’t. Do! DON’T LET ANYONE EVER TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!

Okay, I think that’s out of my system now.

But in all seriousness, I’m kind of the worst patient in the world anytime that I am sick, which I definitely get from my father, along with my short temper, fantastic sense of humor, and love of good music.  When I am sick, I tell everybody I know, feel like the world is going to end, and complain endlessly.  My poor (?) roommate of three years Andrea knows this firsthand and has never indulged my sicknesses even though I had bronchitis approximately fifteen times while we were living together and that’s probably not an exaggeration I think.  It’s not my fault that my immune system hates me, Andrea!  At the current moment she is calling me a drama queen because I am refusing to do anything after work except for laying on the couch and watching Hulu.

But seriously people I know that it’s just a sore throat, but have you ever had a sore throat?  There is pretty much nothing you can do to make it feel better.  It just hurts no matter what.  And when your throat hurts, you really don’t feel like talking or eating because that just makes it hurt worse.  Do you know what two of my favorite things to do are? TALKING AND EATING!  Why, cursed world, have you let me be befallen with such a weak immune system?  It’s all because of that damned tick that gave me Lyme disease in the eleventh grade and put me in the hospital for the last day of school so that I had to miss my Functions final. I really loved Functions.  Don’t judge.

At least I’m not doing a show right now, because shows + sore throats = no fun for all involved because you sound pretty terrible and it gets everyone else sick too.  No… show… withdrawl… cry… I miss you Mimes and Mummers especially Chris Ingrao I hope you’re reading this I love you come hang out with me.

Anyways, I should probably just get used to it because once the weather gets cold (which will hopefully happen this weekend, I love fall) I get sick approximately every other week with some sort of respiratory ailment.  And you should probably get used to it because, provided I don’t forget to blog like I always do, I will most likely be writing about it here every time I do.  And just like Andrea said that she will always react the same way when I am sick and complaining (unsympathetically), I will always react the same way when I get sick (complaining-ly).  ‘Cause that’s just the way it is.

Earlier today:
Me: I just want a nap! And I don’t have any soup at home!
Heather: I always want to nap. And buy soup on the way home silly! Every bodega carries soup.
Me: I know, I will, but I want everything I want to magically appear.

Is that really so much to ask?

Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment