Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bored Cupcakeing

Happy Easter, everyone!  I'm fairly confident I doubled my body weight through all the eating I did today, from french toast at Amy's to hors d'oeuvres to Easter dinner to delicious dessert, which I made and will be posting here shortly.  Our local fire department gets calls all the time to carry 400 pound people out of their houses because they can't do it themselves (I should know, my dad is the chief), so if they have to come lift a 250-pound Courtney out of here tomorrow, it's really quite a break for them, I think.

Since I forgot my camera card importer at school, I can't post my french silk pie step-by-step, so I figured we could make some cupcakes instead.  I got bored a couple of weeks ago and decided to bake, and I had all of the ingredients for this recipe in my apartment, thus, it was meant to be.  Plus, cupcakes are the best.  Duh.

My KitchenAid mixer made a guest appearance for this baking expedition, so I shall give credit where credit is due.

Let's get started, shall we?
Start by creaming together a cup of sugar and a stick (half-cup) of butter in your mixer, or whatever other inferior piece of equipment you may have on hand.

If you eat some of this, I support that decision.  Just don't eat it all.  No mixture = no cupcakes.


Then violently crack two eggs...


...and add them into the butter/sugar mixture.  If you're taking pictures for your blog, do this slowly, because you don't really get a second shot at this.  Well, actually, you're cracking two eggs... so you actually do get another shot.

Sorry I lied to you.


Next comes two teaspoons of vanilla extract...


...one and three-quarters cups of baking powder...


...and one and a half cups of flour.  If you're using a mixer, be careful.  Flour loves to go everywhere.  I learned this the hard way.


Clearly, I'm not the neatest baker.  It makes it taste better.  I swear.


At this point, the batter is rather thick.  Oh yeah, and it's also freaking delicious.  Be careful.  This step is not for those without self control.

Oh wait, that would be me.


Then, stir in a half-cup of milk until the batter is smooth...


...like this!!


Or like this!!  I don't really know what the difference is between these two pictures.  That's what happens when I wait two weeks between taking the pictures and posting them.


Bake the batter in cupcake pans for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Again, I don't remember how long they actually took because I waited too long.  I keep failing you.  Disappointment reigns.

I mean, but not that much.  I'm not worried about it.  Don't worry about it.  It's cool.

I took a lot of pictures for this recipe, so I'm making you wait on baited breath (she said sarcastically) until tomorrow for the frosting nom recipe.  All I can say is that it's chocolate, it's delicious, and it's served warm.  Cake gods help me now.

Here's the recipe again that I used for the cupcakes - it's a little bit heavier, like a corn muffin: Simple White Cake Recipe.

Now I must return to my eventful night of fitting all of my shopping, painting supplies, and leftovers into my tiny suitcase to take back tomorrow while watching the first Royal Wedding Week special on TLC.  This week is going to be very unproductive for me.

Love and cupcakes,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment