Friday, October 22, 2010

Window: A Photostory

This is my room (and my laundry that I haven't put away).


In my room, there is a window.


It is a very tall window.


And this is what is outside!


There is a train that takes you to Connecticut or to Manhattan and wakes you up if you leave your window open.


 Look!  A bus!  Hi, bus.

There is a restaurant named "Mexican Restaurant."  I give it an A for descriptive... F for creative.

One time, I woke up at 3 in the morning, and there were people yelling outside, so I peeked through the blinds and saw two dudes pushing each other on this street corner.  It was like cops... but outside my window.  Don't tell my mom, though.


The red awning is "Kennedy Fried Chicken," not to be confused with "Kentucky Fried Chicken."  We're too good for that shiznit in the Bronx.


Sometimes, this window has sheets hanging out of it.  Or pants.  Or other articles of clothing.  It's a mystery to me.


These city windows need to assert that they are cooler than regular windows.  So they're a little complicated to open.


You have to open the cage.  Like a hamster cage.  But... not.


And put your hand through.  Don't worry, it won't bite.  It also helps if you have a weird, bulgey vein on your wrist.  I don't know why.


And then... push it open!


Look!  An open window!  You did it!


Dear window next to my bed: I love you.  Love, Courtney


Love from me (and my window),
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment