Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Appreciate Summer Vacations So Much More

The past couple of days have been pretty insane.  I moved into my apartment, which was ridiculous, but I forgot my camera uploader at the apartment, so I haven't been able to upload any photos.  No photos usually = no blogging in my book, mostly because I rely on pictures to draw people in way too much.

But, I shanked my mom's iPhone in order to take some pics and upload them, so we're back in business.

We spent over 24 hours traveling to Maui, Hawaii, and arrived at about 4pm Hawaii time (what time zone is that?  Hawaii zone?  Island zone?  Middle of the ocean zone?  Speaking of which, what time zone(s) is Alaska in?  I will Google this).  It was such a long trip (I know, shouldn't be complaining, right?), so please forgive my anticipated lack of humor in the blog post.


Apparently my pink hoodie with the hood up was intriguing enough to my mother that she needed to take a picture of it.  My father also says that my orange sunglasses are a "fashion statement," but not in a good way.  I don't think they've come to understand all of my eccentricities yet.


So I took this really flattering photo in retaliation.  I believe I succeeded.


After four flights and six (?) time zones, we arrived in Maui!

It was upon arriving at the hotel, though, that I realized that my parents had evidently decided to relocate us from Connecticut/New York to Hawaii.  The evidence??


This is not a hotel.  This is bigger than my apartment.  What is going on??


There's one bathroom...


...one bedroom...


...a full living/dining room...


...this pretty painting...


...THIS KITCHEN??...


...uh, another bedroom...


...and another bathroom?  Where am I?  What have I become?  WHAT IS THIS PLACE???


Make a funny face in the mirror...


Oh yeah, and this view.  Beautiful!

My brain kindof isn't working any more after nomming on some fish tacos and watching fireworks and not getting any Cold Stone so I think I need to seeps now.  And get a tan tomorrow.

Uh.  Yeah.  That's not gonna happen.  I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past.

Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment