Monday, November 15, 2010

Laundry Day

When I was folding my laundry today, I had a really good opening to this blog entry.  I forgot it and now I just sound like an idiot.  You still love me.

I hate doing laundry.  My dad made me start doing my own laundry during my sophomore year of high school when I got pissed that he shrunk this one type of shirt I had twice in a row.  And now I have to do it myself.  Worst decision ever.

I feel like a ridiculous person when I do laundry.  This is because I am a ridiculous person in general, first of all, and also because I have way too many clothes.  And I know that girls have lots of clothes, but I'm pretty sure I take it to a new level.  Perhaps I should just demonstrate.

Uhm, yeah.  This is my laundry basket.

YOU SEE, during my freshman and sophomore years I had one of those normal laundry baskets that you get in the "College 07" section at Target (TARGET!!!) and it was not working out.  Because I would always fill up my laundry bin before I was out of clothes and then it would overflow and I wouldn't want to do my laundry because I hate doing my laundry and what point was there anyway when I still had clothes??  So there would be laundry everywhere and my roommate would get mad and kick me out and I would yell at my laundry basket in the hallway and then people would look at me strangely and I would cry a little bit inside.

Not really.  But it was annoying and my room would get messy.

So I dreamed.  I dreamed of a world where there was a laundry basket customized just for my laundry needs.  And then I went to South Carolina.  And I fell in love.  With this laundry basket.


IT'S TWO LAUNDRY BASKETS.  PUT TOGETHER.  INTO ONE LAUNDRY BASKET.  SO IT HOLDS TWO TIMES THE CLOTHES.  CAN YOU HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW???


It has a divider.  On each side.  Four.  Sections.  Do you know what that means??  That means that I don't need to sort my laundry when I go to do it.  Do you know how awesome that is???  No.  You don't.  Because you do not have my laundry basket.


Oh yeah.  And it has wheels.  Are you dying yet?  These are crucial because, seeing as I don't have to do laundry more than once a month now, when I do it, it looks a little bit like the following:


Oops.  I'm a little ridiculous.  But you knew that already.


Oh yeah, and here's the rest of it.  I'm just trying to be completely honest here.

But that's not all.  Because the real problem with this situation is that...


My drawers are not empty.  In fact, they are quite full.  This is not including the laundry that I did today.


Ditto with my closet.  Listen, I don't like to get to rid of things.  I'm a lover, not a hater.

And what, might you ask, is at the top of my Christmas list this year?  What could I possibly need more than what is in my closet right now?

Answer: socks.  Reason?  Because the only reason why I can't go more than a month without doing laundry is because I run out of socks.

Oh dear.

Don't judge me,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment