Monday, July 26, 2010

The Shoe Game and Other Target Matters

Today Amy and I went to Zumba.  Then we went to Panera.  Then we went to Target.  Raise your hands if you're surprised.

Yeah.  I didn't think so.

Just to spice things up a little bit, and to make us feel like we're really cool (we're not) we played a little game that I like to call "The Shoe Game."

I shall explain.

The Shoe Game
Objective: Name the first thing that comes to mind when you see these shoes.
Unspoken objective: Be funny so I can blog about it and people will think I'm really cool.

BEGIN!



A: "Dad."
C: "Man.  That is a man shoe.  That is a shoe that a man should be wearing."


A: "Zebra."
C: *Look of boredom*
A: "You SAID to say the first thing that came to your mind!"
C: *Walks away*



A: "Jazz."
C: "That was boring.  This was a dumb game."
A: "That's too bad, seeing as you thought of it."
C: "Thanks for rubbing it in."



C: "Omgomgomg look at these.  They are terrible."
A: "Ironic hipster."
C: "OH MAN!  That's a good one.  Hold up these shoes so I can take a picture."
A: "But I'm in gym clothes!"
C: "I don't take no for an answer."

(These are so hipster, I'll bet my roommate Andrea would love them.  She's a hipster.  It's also her birthday.  Happy birthday!  I got you these shoes.  And by I got you these shoes, I mean, I took this picture for you.  Like it???)


A: "I just saw these and I was going to say ugly.  So, uhhh...."
C: "Ugly.  Ugly is perfect.  These are so ugly."




A: "Gladiator."
C: "BIGFOOT!  These are humongous."
A: "Courtney, those are like, my size."
C: "NO THEY'RE NOT!  These are so effing big.  They're like, size fifteen."
A: "Are they a size ten?  I'm a size ten."
C: "Uhm... They're size eleven.  Size eleven going on fifteen."


END SHOE GAME!

-----

In other Target matters...

I've spent, like 200 dollars at Target in the last month.  And no, I'm not exaggerating.  In fact, according to Mint.com, I have spent more than 200 dollars at Target, but I refuse to accept that, so I will round down.

When I think of Target, I get into a "I must have it and I must have it RIGHT NOW" kind of mood.  Where, might you ask, do I get this from?

Here.  I will show you.


This girl.  This is where I get it from. 

For the record, it was NOT my idea to go to Target today.  It was hers.  And I agreed because I'm a pushover and I fold under peer pressure and we were at the mall anyways, so why not??

PS: Amy almost walked out of the store with those bangles on.  And then she told me that one time, she walked out of a JCPenney with a shirt on her arm and didn't realize, and mall security totally thought she was a raging kleptomaniac and detained her.  She got out of being arrested... but only by being fourteen and crying and having a lawyer father.  Corporate establishments don't like teenagers with lawyer fathers.

PPS: I hear that Amy is a kleptomaniac when in certain states of inebriation.  This statement has not been proven by my eyes.

PPPS: That dress that she is holding is a maternity dress because we tend to wander in there.  There is NO sign that warns you that you're entering maternity zone, so it's not our fault.  And yes, she bought it.  But it was an XS, which is really just a win.

-----
And yes, I bought stuff too.  But I did NOT buy any of these:


Although I do have a headband that looks like that bracelet.  And it's awesome.

Until the next Target trip (aka, tomorrow)...

Love and empty wallets,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment