Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm a Little Bit Unnecessary

This book.























I'm a little bit obsessed with it.

It all started when I had to go to the grocery store to get like two completely needed things, and Joseph said, "Let's go to Target even though it's further and the roads are all flooded and it will cause you to buy unnecessary items" and I was like, "Why?" and he was like "Because I want to look around."  But I thought that I'd be okay because I went to Target twice last week with Amy and all I bought was an exercise ball, a pair of hand weights, and a plaid shirt.  So I told myself, self control, self control, you can do it, you took a two-week trip to Europe and you're broke.

And then we pulled up to the Target.  And I knew I was in trouble.

This was, like, the most monstrous Target I've ever seen in my life.  It was the king of Targets.  So I said when we pulled in, okay, I'm going to buy a candy bar, and I won't feel guilty about it because I'm now prepared.  But then Joseph said, "I want to look at the multimedia section."  So I relented and we walked over.  But there were books on the way to the multimedia section.  And not... just... books...

Cookbooks.

Lots of them.

And I opened the cover of Hello, Cupcake!

You see, I had heard of this book from both the Paula Deen show and my internship at the TODAY Show, but I wasn't a victim of it's unparalleled magnetism until I opened the cover.  It shows you how to make LITTLE PEAS AND CARROTS!  GOLDFISH BOWLS!  KITTIES AND DOGGIES!  I can't handle any of it.

After over-enthusiastically showing Joe almost every page in the book he looked at me and said, "WELL, JUST GET IT ALREADY!"  And I said, "Noooo, it's fifteen dollars and so unnecessary!"  And he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me until I agreed to get it.  Then I went to the chiropractor.

Just kidding.  But he did say to me, "Nobody should like something that much and not get it."  Which really makes perfect sense, right?

So fifty dollars later, we left Target and I neglected Joe all night because I was looking at all of the cupcake pictures and now I want to make cupcakes every day of my life.

Someone please stage an intervention because...

Because...

Because...























There's a sequel.

Love and SOS,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment