Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games Mania

For some reason, it's been really hard to get out of bed this week.  Actually, I know what the reason is.  It's because I got little to no sleep last week on the cruise.  Oh well.

Anyways, when I was willing myself to get up for the gym this morning, I checked my email, and I saw THIS EMAIL:


HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES!  I would upload a screenshot of the email itself, but Google is being stupid and telling me I have exceeded my limit for photos on Picasa or something.  I do not have the time to deal with this right now, so I didn't.

Anyways, Andrea and I are getting Chipotle (!) and seeing the Hunger Games at 7:30 in Times Square, and we are way too excited for two women our age.  At least this isn't Twilight, or some terrible thing like that.

And then tomorrow, Reece and I are going to the ASPCA and adopting a kitten.  A kitten!  For me to love and cuddle with!  I have no idea what color or kind I will get, but as long as it isn't skittish, I'm happy.  Then Heather and Kristine are coming over to meet said kitten, eat dinner, and probably have a little wine.

Speaking of wine, Allie and I found a cute little Spanish tapas restaurant/wine bar on the Upper East Side called Pil Pil.  I had a really delicious Verdejo (from Rueda), and Allie had a Cabernet Sauvignon from I-don't-know-where.  For dinner, we had a bunch of things - mixed olives (really garlicky, but I don't like olives, so it was perfect for me), grilled portobello mushroom salad, bacon-wrapped stuffed dates, and leek & prawn croquettes.  All really yummy.  Then I tried Pinkberry for the first time, just a little baby cup of salted caramel froyo, but it was delish!

Pil Pil doesn't have a website, but here's the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PIL-PIL-Spanish-Tapas-and-Wine-Bar/109001872469152

I hope all of your weekends are the bomb-dot-com.  I mean that without a bit of sarcasm.  NOT A BIT!

May the odds be ever in your favor,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment