Sunday, March 11, 2012

Notes from Laguardia airport

Today I am leaving for a week-long cruise through the Western Caribbean with my parents and the lovely Becky Dube, and I can't wait to enjoy the warm weather and lack of heavy coats. Although, it is going to be 60 to 70 degrees all week here in NYC, so like, that was timed well.

I'm not even on the plane yet, and I have learned several things in my vacation so far.

1) I'm LITERALLY the biggest procrastinator I know. I didn't start packing until 9pm last night. So, with the start of daylight savings time, plus a 7:20am flight, I got approximately 3 hours of sleep. It really might be a problem.

2) It takes 15 minutes to drive from my apartment to Laguardia.

3) So it really wasn't necessary to allow for 45 minutes plus to get here.

4) Getting through security with a dog is just as difficult as getting through security with a baby. Most importantly, I would just like you to know that there was a DOG in front of me in security. A dog!

5) Apparently airport food kiosks don't think it's necessary to have ample bagels on hand at 6am. This is NEW YORK, people, GIVE ME A BAGEL! And, to the lady in front of me who took the last three bagels? Yeah, we're in a fight.

6) There are so many spring breakers. So. Many. Spring breakers.

7) Especially ones from NYU.

8) Including four NYU theatre girls. But probably not the ones who go to Tisch.

9) The four of you. I would like you know that you are the definition of annoying. It's 6:30 in the morning. You are driving me insane.

10) And you other group of kids, no, I don't want to hear about what you did at Latitude last night.

11) I think I'm becoming old and bitter. If I wasn't on my phone I would post a photo of Jen and my trip to NOLA last year to show the difference.

12) This is probably why I need a vacation. VACATION! Watch out, by the day of my return (St. Patty's, of all days) I may have regressed to college spring break status.

So, I won't be in communicado with the world for the next six days or so. Don't be too sad about it. I promise to pay attention during the life boat drill. And trust me, if the boat starts sinking, I definitely, DEFINITELY won't be a hero. Looking out for number one, you guys!

Just kidding. A little.

Have an EXCELLENT week!

Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment