Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CookieMania: Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies

Today I made like ten thousand chocolate chip cookies because I wanted to make some for director interviews tonight (with CAITLIN NOSAL HI!), but I also may have told my floor neighbors that I was making cookies while I was at the bar last night, so I made a bajillion because men eat a lot.

Now I have five left.  Therefore, I was right in my above statement.  This is probably better for mine and Andrea's waistlines in the end.  But right now, I just want a neverending supply of cookies.  Good thing I have my KitchenAid mixer!

In honor of my many cookies, I decided to finish this post about some other delicious cookies I made last week.  I wanted to make some of them today, but I couldn't find any Rollos in the BX.

These are Caramel-filled Chocolate Cookies, and I got the recipe once upon a time from somewhere online.  I don't know where and I don't have time to look, so if this is your recipe, I'm sorry.  I know I didn't make this up.  And your cookies are really good.

(I'll post the recipe here when I get it from the recipe box at home)

This is a Rollo.  It is a chewy caramel-filled candy that you can find at the store.  It is delicious.


You can also find Rollos on the show The Biggest Loser, when the doctor guy is trying to tell one of the fat police officers what will kill him.  In case you were wondering, the doctor says that these Rollos will kill the fat guy.  But only if you eat a million of them.

I just thought it was a little ironic.


Unwrap a lot of Rollos and get them ready for your cookiefest.  It's a lot of unwrapping, but it's worth it, I swear.


I didn't take pictures of when I was making the chocolate cookie dough, but I'll post the recipe.  Take a piece of the cookie dough and roll it into a ball.


Flatten out the cookie dough.  SMASH!


Press the Rollo into the middle of the cookie dough...


...and begin to form the dough around the candy.  Roll it into a ball again until...


...you can't see the candy!


Then put all of the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet and bake it at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  I forgot to take the picture before I put the cookies in the oven.  Oops.


NOM cookie mountain!  It looks so good.


They all look SO good!


And THIS is the absolute.  Best.  Freaking.  Part.  I like the cookies even when they aren't melting in the middle anymore, but you can microwave them to make them warm if you want.

So there you have it.  Cookies.  Well, sort of.  You have pictures of cookies.  And the ability to make cookies.  And stuff like that.  So you are closer to cookies then you were before.

And if you want some chocolate chip cookies, you should get over to my apartment pretty quickly because there are only five left.  But our door isn't bolted anymore, at least!

Tomorrow I have an interview, I'm hopefully getting free art supplies, and I am going to Trader Joe's.  Happy day!

Love and cookies,
Courtney

1 comment: