Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Ran?

This week has been the start of Courtney gets healthy again, and it kindof really sucks.  You see, once upon a time in March I was in Wild Party and looked like this:

But then spring break happened and I spent about two months devoting all my time to being a senior and doing all the things seniors need to do before graduation 24/7.  And then I got home and I was like, crap.  This sucks.

So this morning I was watching a ton of How I Met Your Mother because it's my new favorite show and it's set in New York, so of course I'm obsessed, and I made myself go out for a run.  Have I ever mentioned I don't run?  I.  Don't.  Run.  But I don't have the money for a gym membership, and I don't have a car to get to the gym anyways, so it was my only option.

I was only planning on running around the block because I'm a big baby, but when I started, I got some grandiose vision of being an awesome runner who can run for miles and miles, so I changed my route a bit.  This is what it looked like.

Results:

I did not run the whole time.  Please.  It was hot and I haven't exercised in two months.  But I DID run a lot of it.

I (surprisingly) did not get a sunburn.  I get a sunburn in like two seconds of exposure without sunscreen.  This makes no sense.  Perhaps I was running so fast that the sun couldn't burn me.

I got a blister.  It's on my right heel.  I need better running shoes.  My running shoes were twelve dollars at Target.

I am very, very, very tired.  Mondo tired.  But How I Met Your Mother is on.  I have priorities, you know.

-----

I shall keep myself accountable on this blog.  MUST.  LOOK.  GOOD.  FOR.  GRAD.  PARTY.  AND.  HAWAII.

This weekend I'm going back to the Bronx and to Poughkeepsie for a grad party!  WAHOO!!

There-is-a-gnat-on-my-computer-I-will-kill-it!!!,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment