Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today

Having all this free time, oddly enough, leads to a great lack of productivity.  Hence why I need an internship or job.  Structure is key to my life.  Being busy is key to my life.  Being crazy is my life.  This is what I have learned.

Tonight, I went to the Blend with Heather and Andrea for open mic night.  It was five dollars to listen to the performers and drink free refills of coffee, iced coffee, and fountain drinks.  Naturally, I wanted to get my money's worth, so I started drinking my first coffee as fast as my straw would let me.  As Andrea went up to get her first refill, I was positive that I was at least three-quarters of the way through the coffee.  I opened the lid.  I hadn't even drunk half.  I now know why I can make a medium Dunkin' Donuts coffee last two hours.

So I drank and drank and drank, and finally I beat my coffee and threw it on the ground in triumph.  Just kidding.  But I did run to the counter and promptly order an iced coffee.  The stand-up comedian at the mic made Jesus jokes.  This is incredibly funny at a Jesuit school.

By the time I got back to campus, I was finished with my iced coffee.  I considered chugging it prior to leaving and getting a third, but I thought that might be pushing it.  I'm glad I didn't because it has been an hour since I finished my coffee and I am wired to the max.  I'm very disappointed in myself for my caffeine intolerance right now.  Another thing that having a flexible schedule has caused.

As a result, you are all the recipients of this hi-larious and erratic blog post.  Right now, I think I am very funny.  I likely am not.

Andrea and I didn't know what to do when we got home, so we listened to this song over and over.  By over and over, I mean one time.  But it was an awesome one time.  Then, I became the best dancer in the world.  If you don't believe me, just look at the picture below.  It explains everything.


When I first heard Kanye's new song, I was immediately reminded of one particular person, who shall remain nameless.  However, whenever I see this particular person, the song pops into my head.  Part of me laughs because it is so fitting.  The other part of me is jealous that this person now has a theme song and I do not.  Can someone please come up with a theme song for me?  Thanks.


Then, I started eating carrots because I could think of nothing better to do.  I cut up a whole pound of carrots today.  This is what is left.  I have an addiction.

Then, this conversation happened.



Coffee apparently affects my attention span.

Finally, I shall show you what I did all day, besides sending out emails and organizing spreadsheets.  And watching Southern Belles: Louisville on Hulu.

I drew eyes.


Before...


After.


Before (that's me!!)...


After.


Before...


After.  (That one's not done yet).


Before (nice eye pose!)...


After!!!

And for the finished product (well, first draft)...


Yay!!  Eye art!!!  It's embarrassing how much I love my eye art.  I just want to digitize eyes all day long.

And that.
Was today.

The End.

Love and caffeine... crash...
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment