Sunday, June 26, 2011

How Old is this Rum, and Other Grad Party Questions

This weekend was my grad party, which I have been looking forward to since I made my "Save the Date" Facebook event a month and a half ago.

Luckily, the rain held out for most of the party, and we had lots of friends and family to eat and drink our food and beverage.  I forgot to write down all the funny stuff we said throughout the day/night, but those who were cool enough to come know it all.

And, my favorite buddy of all came to wish me happy graduation!


This is Jacen, my best bud, and he quickly took over my party by being the most adorable graduate in attendance.


I think maybe I'll come to his second birthday party this weekend and show him just what it feels like.  Just kiddingggggg!!


Amy and I needed to try to take a nice picture because we don't have any.  Most of them involve funny faces and exercise balls.


It took us awhile, though, so Alex snapped these photos.


They probably describe our relationship better than a nice picture.  Question... why are we like this?


Around 6, it started monsooning and I started telling people that the easy up was going to break.  Everyone told me that it was fine.  Then this happened.  Why did it happen?  Another question.  Poor easy up.


But of course, we still needed to get beer, so Travis and I tag teamed it and braved the rain.  I was kind enough to share my umbrella.  I'm good like that.  Take away the keg, and this might be a quite adorable photo.  Why did we keep the keg so far away from the house?  The questions continue.

There was one real mystery of the night, though.  Once we had our fill of beer and wine, we decided that rum was much needed.  Nobody could drive to the package store, and my brother had gone off to be cool with his friends and their trucks, so my mom searched her cabinets for some rum.


We found this.  Seems normal, right?  Perhaps a couple of years old.  But nothing more, correct?


Except it apparently cost $4.90.  I'm not sure if you know this, but in a normal universe, Bacardi does not cost 4.90.  Try quadrupling that.


Also, the back of the bottle had six recipes, was missing a "don't drink if you're pregnant" warning, and spelled rum like "rhum."


And finally, if you would like any more recipes, the bottle instructs you to write to Bacardi for a... recipe booklet.

So, can someone please tell me the answer to this most important question... how old is this rum??

Honestly, I don't really care.  Rum is rum is rum.

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate and party with me!  I had the best time!

I have watched five episodes of Gilmore Girls today,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment