Thursday, June 16, 2011

To Lisa

Just to let you all know, yes, I am currently moving and packing and I leave Saturday and my job starts on Monday and I'll have an apartment July first and I found a roommate and this weekend was really exhausting and I'll post about that tomorrow.  But this post is not about that.
----------
This morning, I received a very sad and unexpected phone call from the father of one of my close high school friends that I have since fallen out of touch with.  He told me that, sadly, Lisa passed away last night unexpectedly while she was at work.  I've spent today talking with old friends, all of us in shock and disbelief, and looking at old pictures of all of us.


I don't have a lot that I want to say here publicly, but many things have been going through my head all day.  I can't imagine anything more tragic than this, a woman who was loved by many and had so much potential dying long before her time was up.  It makes every moment seem that much more important.


Lisa was the kind of person who was kind to everyone she met.  Regardless of how she was feeling on a given day, she was always smiling.  I suppose she was the true embodiment of "positivity."  Her laugh was contagious.  I can't think of a person who was more of an example of being truly beautiful on both the inside and the outside.  Despite the fact that we hadn't spoken much in recent years, Lisa, you touched my life, as you did many others.  We cannot believe that you are gone, and I don't think that any of us ever will be able to.

 
You are greatly loved and missed by both family and friends, but we know that you are the newest smiling, laughing angel looking over us all now.  Thank you for being a part of my life, Miss Lisa Grady, and for making it that much better as a result.

Lots and lots and lots of love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment