Monday, August 9, 2010

Somers High School Drama Club, Revisited

Because I have two weeks and one day until I go back to college for my final (eek) year, I started to clean out junk from my room.  I have since come to the conclusion that I will most definitely not finish cleaning it out before I leave, but that will just be a fun project for when I move out in a year.  Yippee.

I found a lot of memerobilia in my cabinet that I shove lots of useless stuff in, and among the various birthday cards and middle-school awards were these:

Backstage Union cards, from the Somers High School Drama Club!  Every show, audience members (and club members) could pay one dollar to send a card to their Drama Club member of choice, and although you can't see it here, I built up quite a stack over the four years and eight shows.

Some were from "Drama Mamas and Papas," like the card above.


Some were from family... even family that traveled from far away!



This one was from my "little brother" through Big Brothers/Big Sisters.  He came to all of my shows, and now he's doing shows of his own with the SHS DC (I'm old, boo).


Some were from old friends, former DC'ers that came back to see the shows!


This one was from Eric, our nine-year-old family friend who probably hated coming to see Once Upon a Mattress.  He's fourteen now.  And he's taller than me.


This one was from Brianna, also a nine-year-old family friend who was the easiest babysittee in the world and who I love to death.  She's going to be in the high school this year.  Why is this happening to me?

The card reads: "I hope you do a good job and have fun!  Dont forget I'm waching you!"

She's such a cutie.  She almost died when I told her that I met Justin Bieber once.


This one was from Bri's sister, Jessica, who was five, I think, at the time.  She laves me :).


Of course, there were many, many cards from my biggest supporters, my mom and dad and Jonathan, who has been dragged along to too many shows to count.  The only reason he comes now is to videotape the shows at Fordham and make money off of my friends.  He'll be a good businessman.

Speaking of Jonathan...

There were also a couple of these in the stack of cards... graduation notes that parents and friends could write.  In case you can't read it, it says: "I am now known as 'Courtney's brother' by all the teachers.  It will be so nice when you are gone!  Just kidding.  Have a good time!!!"

Thanks, bro, for all the love.  And, by the way, I asked him the other day how he felt about having my old English teacher next year.  He said, "Everyone's so excited that I'm your brother and then I disappoint them."  He had a grin on his face.

Some things never change.

Love and feeling too old (already),
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment